What does it cost to study at Unknown? 

Get all the info here on tuition fees and DUO.

Funding through DUO

If you are unable to fund your studies with us yourself, you may be able to use loans from the Dutch government, through DUO. If you (also) hold Dutch citizenship, or have permanent residency in the Netherlands, the loans work exactly the same as those for studies at public Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences (WO & HBO). You can find more info here (in Dutch)

These tuition fee loans are also available to EU/EEA and Swiss citizens under certain conditions. You can find full information on the loans here.


Non-Dutch, EU, EEA,
Swiss students


If you do not hold citizenship from the Netherlands, EU, EEA, or Switzerland, or permanent residency in the Netherlands (at start of studies), you are usually not eligible for DUO loans. There are some exceptions for refugees and other reasons for residence in the Netherlands. Please contact DUO for more information.


BSN or no BSN?

If you were born and/or raised in the Netherlands, you will have been issued a BSN (Dutch personal tax number). Dutch citizens who have never lived in the Netherlands, or only in the Caribbean Netherlands, do not have a BSN yet; they will be assigned one when they move here. If you are not sure, check your passport or ID card. If no BSN is mentioned, you will need the explainer for students without a BSN.